When asked in class, "who has read a blog?" I didn't know what a blog was or intended for. I have never thought of the idea of reading a blog, as well. Come to find out, I read one everyday. While reading the multiple blog entries for the assignment, I enjoyed the representation of the information. I also liked the comment idea of an event or subject,which then, opens my thoughts and has me asking more questions about the subject.
While searching through blogs after blogs, I came across a very interesting one called Post secret, It is a community art project where people mail their secrets on one side of a post card. There is not much text to read just the postcards that are posted for that week, but it works, while searching the site, i found my self not just seeing post cards; but seeing pain and sadness of the individuals. For example, one postcard with a picture of an older couple dancing read," I cried when my grandparents were danced at my cousins wedding because i realized for the first time they might not be alive for mine". I imagine the secrets, if got out, would effect the lives of so many,We all have secrets whether you are willing to admit it or not. Are you willing to write one? It just might be the release you need. www.postsecret.com
A not so favorite blog of mine is the A Mothership Down. It is a personal blog about parent hood. The main article that lost me from the start. It was a letter to girls who just graduated high school and going to woman hood. The author then explains some of the choices "the girls" will have to choose while on this journey.For instance, what to choose as a major in college, love interest and to be responsible. If I was in that age bracket or knew a girl who was going in to college then I might be interested. over all, there is something for every one.
The smitten kitchen is a lovely blog introducing stepped up comfort food. Its not your everyday over did food blog where you need that fancy ingredient to make the dish. NO! The author Deb Perelman believes food should be accessible to everyone.For example, one simple dish she writes about is a roasted tomato pasta salad has a total of 6 simple ingredients. I also enjoy where she gives her hilarious two sense about about the pre-made salads and how they are lacking in flavor. The authors voice is very clear how excited she is about food. www.smittenkitchen.com
over all, I enjoyed the representation of the information of blogs and the comment idea of an event or subject,which then, opens my thoughts and has me asking more questions.
No comments:
Post a Comment