Thoughts

Thoughts

Friday, June 19, 2015

Entry #5 food inc



I have seen the movie before and The truth still gets under my skin. When I make the purchase at the grocery store; I never thought of how it got there in the first place. I guess in my mind ignorance is bliss.

The images of abused animals are horrific. I cant imagine being beaten and left to die with no care in the world. the chicken houses that were shown on the movie were unlivable.A Tyson Chicken farmer says the chickens never even see sunlight – they are kept day and night in chicken houses with no windows. 





    In the movie, 30% of our land base in the US is used to grow corn because the government policy farmers are paid to overproduce this easy-to-store crop .Farmers are producing so much corn that food scientists had to come up with uses for it. I was amazed how corn was made in so many products.



find it so sickening how there is little there is for us to do about the problem. The government that we are trusting is making money and creating the problems we have. some problems are the food deserts in america. this is where affordable and nutritious food is difficult to obtain. these food deserts are creating obesity and health problems to unsuspected consumers. 


The average chicken farmer (with two poultry houses) invests over $500,000 and makes only $18,000 a year. this example makes the farmer a slave to the company. how are these companies able to do this to these families? 


 I understand the business aspect of a company but there needs to be some kind of moral thought in the heads of the CEO giants. 


No comments:

Post a Comment